Staying active is one of the best ways to ensure a person can continue their routine activities and be independent.
In the Staying Active: Mobility and Fall Prevention Chapter we explore the following topics:
- Different levels of mobility.
- Setting goals for healthy activity.
- Strategies for safe mobility and preventing falls.
- A plan for what to do if the person you care for has fallen.
- Helpful tips for communicating with health care professionals.
- Where to access additional supports when you need them.
Throughout the Staying Active Chapter, we’ll explore the following terms:
|Mobility||The ability to move your body.|
|Mobilization||The act of moving your body to the best of your ability.|
|Fall||A descent from a high position to a lower position, that a person has no control of.|
Resources to Support Someone to Stay Active
Sit to Stand Transfer is a guided video to teach a caregiver to help a person move from sitting to standing.Watch the Sit to Stand Transfer Video
The Staying Active: Mobility and Fall Prevention Chapter lists additional information, tips, and resources on how to find additional support and communicate with health care professionals.Download the Staying Active Chapter
- Download the Caregiving Strategies Handbook for reference to all chapters in one location.
- If you want to learn more Caregiving Strategies, register for the online course. This course allows you to work through these topics at your own pace alongside other caregivers.
- Sign up below if you would like to receive updates from RGPO about resources for caregivers and or upcoming online course offerings.